- Spiritual concerns about the dragging down that so many kids from Christ centered homes experience once they are put in the peer group spin cycle.
- A concern about safety. The alarming rate of the all new "cyber bullying" bears this out to some degree.
- Discipline is becoming ever weaker in schools. Many kids face very little consequence for ever increasing anti-social behaviors.
- Sexual promiscuity
- Drug and alcohol abuse among kids.
- Absence of biblical world view teaching and training in a setting that would be my child's main training ground.
- Pedophile teachers and administrators.
Saturday, August 13, 2011
Home Schooling Points and Practicalities
In the "about me" section I casually mention that I have eight kids. How to have eight kids, home school and conquer more laundry every week than a diaper service should be interesting to many. I hope to bolster the pride you hopefully have in how incredibly important the role of homemaker is. I am no stranger to seeing home life as a frying pan that always keeps me struggling, frazzled, and deflated. Falling into bed at night in an exhausted heap is my normal. Is there a way to be a great mom and maybe loosen up on our high hopes and often unachievable demands? Many of us are proud to be obsessive parents--It's a badge to wear honorably perhaps. "I do this better than everyone else and I make sure everyone knows it." I sometimes need to remind myself of the fact that in trying to have all aspects of my life fit into a template, I am actually destroying the spontaneity that makes life fun and interesting for all of us. These are general principles to keep in mind in order to save your sanity and still be a person that your spouse and kids enjoy, but I will explain more about our choice to home school.